How to apply
Quality Control Scientist
The scientist will be responsible for method development and validation for numerous instruments including GC-MS, ICP-OES and Ion Chromatography. This individual will also prepare and review technical documents, including validation protocols/ reports and test procedures.
- Salary: $80,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chico, CA 95928: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Analytical chemistry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the development & validation of GC-MS, ICP-OES and Ion Chromatography methods for the quantitation of small and large molecule impurities.
- Support the chemical testing of materials for use in lithium-ion batteries
- Prepares and reviews technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, investigation reports, and change controls.
- Help develop product specification criteria and establish criteria for minimum product quality standards
- Employs and supports the development of Quality Assurance tools and philosophy (PFMEA, SOPs, auditing, etc.) to drive continuous improvement in process, product, and personnel; leverages tools and knowledge to proactively mitigate risks.
- Expertise with method development and validation
- BS + 10+ years of experience, MS + 5+ years of experience or PhD + 2 years of experience
- A proven track record of analytical method development
- Ability to work independently, and to present analytical results and conclusions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Ability to design, follow and review protocols, scientific methods, and departmental procedures.
- Experience with GC-MS & ICP-OES method development & validation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Independent, accountable, attention to detail, ability to effectively balance multiple projects, and strong interpersonal/communication skills are required.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and works well with personnel at all levels.
- Experience with Lithium-ion Batteries and Electrolytes is Plus.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills