How to apply
Battery Pack Engineer
Nanotech Energy is looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to perform and guide mechanical and enclosure design activities for its utility scale energy storage and small battery pack products. The role requires strong fundamentals in pack design and the ability to work in a team environment as well as being self-motivated and able to think outside the box.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Modeling and design of mechanical components and assemblies including sheet metal, structural metals, plastics, environmental sealing materials, fasteners, and other components.
- Provide technical guidance and coordinate activities among the team.
- Mechanical design analysis including structural finite element analysis, design for assembly, design for test, and design for high volume manufacturing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to refine specifications and achieve product performance, aesthetic, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality targets.
- Collaborate with thermal, systems, electrical, sourcing, manufacturing, and reliability teams to take designs from prototype through mass production.
- Review of mechanical systems and components including plastic, metal/sheet metal parts, connectors, insulators, wire-harnesses, fasteners, electronic assemblies, enclosures, thermal systems, and other components.
- Develop engineering test plans for designs.
- Assist in engineering prototype builds and component fabrication.
- Root cause and solve test failures and production problems.
- Create drawing packages and manufacturing instructions for parts and assemblies.
- 8+ years of product design experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (or relevant experience)
- Experience designing for high-volume assembly and manufacturing.
- Experience designing products for outdoor environments, including IP/NEMA environmental seals.
- Strong engineering fundamentals in mechanics, heat transfer, and fluids.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as metal stamping, extruding, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, plastic injection molding, thermoforming, and bonding.
- Experience in designing for high volume assembly, both manual and automated.
- Experience defining test plans, designing test setups, and analyzing data.
- A detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in CAD modeling. CATIA V5/V6 experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills